You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

I have a rather serious issue: since yesterday, the entirety of the Affinity suite doesn't start at all, nor does the setup for each one of them, preventing me from working.

Checking on the Task Manager, I can see the app in background trying to start, then the text "Suspended" briefly appears before being closed. Same thing happens when trying to run a setup to repair or reinstall the software.

Checking in the Event Viewer, for every single software (I'm using Photo as an example, but it's the same for all of them), these are the details.

image.png.583bb46dfc0ab494be8c42da0e7342d2.png

The Description says that the process was terminated due to a exception issue.

The origin of the error appears to be .NET Runtime.

image.png.a4d0b1729b0931c7ce277602458966f3.png

However, trying to update .NET Framework netted no results as the setup states that it's up to date already and won't proceed further.

Starting the setup to reinstall or repair, instead, shows these two errors.

image.png.3359d7db9ecbfa3a9f39532f27783d1a.png

image.png.2b03e9e292c80c3e091d1542546b080a.png

The origins are .NET Runtime and Application Error respectively.
According to the description, the latter was caused by the KERNELBASE.dll module.

Given that neither the softwares nor the install setup work, in this moment I'm very reluctant to proceed with the uninstalling.

The entire Suite is up to date to the latest version available.

Is there any solution?

Edited by DZ-Aladan

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hmm, ...

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at System.Windows.UIElement.RegisterEvents(System.Type)
at System.Windows.UIElement..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.FindResourceInAppOrSystem(System.IServiceProvider, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.FindResourceInEnviroment(System.IServiceProvider, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.TryProvideValueInternal(System.IServiceProvider, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.SetOptimizedStaticResources(System.Collections.Generic.IList1<System.Object>, System.IServiceProvider, System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension) at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.SetKeys(System.Collections.Generic.IList1<System.Windows.Baml2006.KeyRecord>, System.IServiceProvider)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.SetDeferrableContent(System.Windows.DeferrableContent)
at System.Windows.Baml2006.WpfSharedBamlSchemaContext+<>c.<Create_BamlProperty_ResourceDictionary_DeferrableContent>b__297_0(System.Object, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Baml2006.WpfKnownMemberInvoker.SetValue(System.Object, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetValue(System.Xaml.XamlMember, System.Object, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetValue(System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlMember, System.Object)

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

I've seen such errors before for other apps than the Affinity ones some longer time ago, but I can't remember exactly the procedure then taken to solve those problems!

However, you can try the .NET Framework Repair Tool ...

• Version:  1.4
    File Name:  NetFxRepairTool.exe
    Date Published:  3/26/2020
    File Size:  1.2 MB

KB Articles: KB2698555

• This tool troubleshoots common issues with the setup of Microsoft .NET Framework or with updates to Microsoft .NET Framework setup installation. Additionally, this tool tries to resolve these issues by applying known fixes or by repairing the installed product.

Note: The current version of the tool supports repairing the .NET Framework 4.8, 4.7.2, 4.7.1, 4.7, 4.6.2, 4.6.1, 4.6, 4.5.2, 4.5.1, 4.5, 4.0 and 3.5 SP1 (includes .NET 3.0 SP2 and .NET 2.0 SP2).

... though there are circumstances where also that doesn't help or fix things completely then, so you would have to give it at least a try.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

As I said

9 hours ago, DZ-Aladan said:

However, trying to update .NET Framework netted no results as the setup states that it's up to date already and won't proceed further.

I tried that already.

I have an update however and... it's worse than predicted.

Long story short, turns out I'm experiencing a hard drive failure and now most of my softwares barely work at all.
There's a very high chance that, due to HDD corrupting, the required files have gone missing, so the softwares stopped working, and that's why I was getting these errors.