You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export diffrent pages on Flyer folding

2 hours ago, papo said:

is there a posibility to print (export) diffrent pages on a Flyer folding?

No.
Multipage spreads have been requested but still not implemented.

If you also have Designer, you could work around by placing artboards over the spreads, then print/export individual artboards from the Designer persona. (In theory, that is. Haven't tested it yet.)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Multipage spreads along with a printable Slug area is a pretty crucial, standard feature for a lot of workflows, which has been requested since the first Pub beta - there are clunky workarounds,

but for me, firing up InDesign CS5 is a far more flexible solution, until we get this in Pub

31 minutes ago, loukash said:

If you also have Designer, you could work around by placing artboards over the spreads, then print/export individual artboards from the Designer persona. (In theory, that is. Haven't tested it yet.)

I've had a mess around with a few different theories on achieving this, but all failed at the export stage -

loukash please keep us posted how you get on as I't would come in real handy if you manage to crack it 👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

1 hour ago, Dazmondo77 said:

please keep us posted how you get on as I't would come in real handy if you manage to crack it 👍

Aw-rite, here you go:

apu_ade_multipage_spreads.png.b90826715f7c53e405909338a6530631.png

^ The actual trick is to create the base document in ADe.
Forget about the Pages panel altogether, which means: do not convert artboards to spreads. Nest your "page" artboards into the "spread" artboards instead.

Apart from saving an empty document in ADe, everything else can be done in APu, only switching to the Designer persona for artboard creation, alignment, and editing if needed.

Export pages-artboards or spread-artboards to PDF as you see fit.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

9 minutes ago, loukash said:

Nest your "page" artboards into the "spread" artboards instead.

In fact, the content doesn't need to be nested in the "page" artboards, unless you want to shuffle pages. You can use them only as "export placeholders" in the background:

apu_ade_multipage_spreads2.png.7089278594c92ed06e9f592c6dc84161.png

Summed up: the real "killer features" of the Affinity suite are:

• the universal and interchangeable document format
  • Studio Link

Just don't be too shy to take advantage of that! :D

Thx a lot Loukash for the quick and honest answer. I will try your solution. 

I hope someday will come this feature on Affinity Publisher. I'm still a beginner on Affinity but I love it ist very easy and intuitiv.

• 1 year later...