You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fix stitching errors in panos (potentially using Liquify)?

I sometimes do an impromptu handheld panorama, but then inadvertently end up with the occasional stitching error due to parallax, as shown in the image below (either stitched in AP or Autopano Pro). Sometimes this is possible to fix with some creative cloning brush work, but sometimes it's not or it's just too tedious. I was thinking the Liquify tool could be a good option, as the offending parts left and right of the fault line could be bent up or down to eliminate the kink. But I haven't found a way to make the Liquify tool work to this end, since it does the transformations based on the center of the modifying circle, whereas I'd need a sort of ramp from left to right (or vice versa) within that circle to make it work.

So, is it possible to coax the Liquify tool into doing this or is there a better/alternative way of dealing with this?

Clipboard01.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @pipet, sorry for the delay unfortunately some threads have slipped through the net and have gone unanswered.

You could use the selection tools to area (right hand side for example) and use Copy & Paste to create a new layer based on this selection. With that layer selected you can then position it in place and then merge to layers back into one. Then switch to the Clone or Inpainting Tool to do some finishing touches. 

Perhaps this old Tricky Panorama tutorial will help?
https://player.vimeo.com/video/161038267/

Or this from InAffinity?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFo_6zKOL6w

Both deal with cleaning up more complicated mismatched panoramas

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060