rsallen

Custom Page Presets

9 posts in this topic

I would enjoy being able to create and use my own page presets in any category within the document design window.

If we could create categories and additional presets that would be cool too.

Just to add my "me too", this would be an important feature to have. If the presets could include things like including trim/bleed and for comics an "active area" <-- the part of the comic page where all the lettering and important artwork needs to be within. I can see this being handy for those who do magazine (print/analog) covers and other print jobs. And it could be handy for using custom dimensions for web comics and so on...

rsallen likes this

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || USB keyboard, wireless trackpad, YiNova MVP22U(rev 3) display tablet

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

One more thing :D --

Please have the different page presets be shared by all other Affinity apps. This way once a custom page is saved, it can be reused with no fussing around. For Example: in Manga Studio ( an app I really like and is my go-to for comic art; Heck I wrote the book on it -- Manga Studio 5 beginners guide published by Packt), I create a custom page (they call it presets this revision, previously it was a template) and then in the SAME app, renamed by the owners to Clip Studio Paint, every.single.preset has to be re-created. No way to import just the settings. 

BTW, the new document dialog in MangaStudio/Clip Studio Paint is textbook on how not to organize a dialog box with many options. 

ronniemcbride likes this

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || USB keyboard, wireless trackpad, YiNova MVP22U(rev 3) display tablet

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

+1  Well said, CartoonMike!

2011 MacBook Pro 8,2; Intel Core i7 @ 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD Boot Disk + 750 GB HDD in optical bay, MacOS High Sierra