You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

open new file freezes

12 hours ago, Ducky said:

So the new update is broken and you want us to spend, quite some time providing you details before you investigate the issue. It's your software that is broken.

Wouldn't it be great if they would be able to fix it not knowing what to fix? So to answer your question, Yes. The biggest problem they are having is with the Hardware Acceleration, OpenCL. Why? Because computers running Windows have so many variable configurations. When for example, Intel or AMD does an update/fix it can cause what Serif has wrote to break. The GPU configurations with Nvidia and others.

So how is Serif to know what caused Photo to freeze on your system, without you telling them? The only info you provided is you're running Win10, and it is Affinity Photo you're having problems with. With just that little info they could spend weeks trying to guess what caused it. Perhaps you're computer does not meet the basic specs, like not enough RAM, not enough free space on your HDD, your graphics card's drivers are not up to date. You could be running another app that is causing a conflict. <--I also use Black Magic's Davinci Resolve 17. It started acting up when I updated my Nvidia drivers, which I needed to be updated for Affinity Photo. So I had to roll back the drivers update for it.

Coming off as you done, is not helpful, so you apparently had a bad hair day, don't understand computers, or just want to complain and not be of any help. If it's the latter, then don't expect them to be very helpful to you.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD