You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut to add an asset? Stream Deck integration.

I'm using a Stream Deck and I'd love to have the ability to add an asset. 

The assets I've got are very hard to see on the pallet and it's often a pain finding them. 

Is there a way to have my StreamDeck at least allow me to add the assets as 1,2,3 or, ideally, with text of what they are. 

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 11.43.42.png

Hi James!

If you want to add something as an asset, there are, as far as I know, two opportunities:

1. you have that stuff, you want to add, opened as an image. Select the layer and click on the second Burger Menu (that one below the first one) on the top right of the panel. Click on "Add to selection" there.

2. You can drag one or more images directly from the File Manager into a category in the Assets panel.

In the first Burger menu you can also create new categories. And you can even rename them there, after you created them.

The names of the single assets only are displayed if you hover over them with the mouse. By rightclicking on them you can even rename them.

You can even assort the assets in it's categories by dragging them manually with the mouse. And you can drag one asset into another category.

1 minute ago, james948 said:

Thanks for this. But I can't use a keyboard shortcut to add one? 

I'm not really sure about that, but I couldn't find such an option as I searched for it. If there would be some, you must be able to define it in the "Preferences" (Edit menu). Seems that it is not possible.