You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 1.9.2 crashing worse than 1.9

Affinity Photo 1.9.2 is crashing worse than 1.9 for me. On Windows 10, newer laptop with 16gb ram

It either crashes before I can open a tif, NEF, even jpeg. Or it will crash within a few minutes. I hope there are repairs coming. Maybe it would be easier to go back to 1.8 which worked perfectly for several years for me

Windows is up to date

graphics driver is up to date

"Enable OpenCL compute acceleration" box is not checked

Can you post the hardware specs, please.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

cdw86

Kb5000842 als Optionale Update gemacht? Das Update muss manuell angestoßen werden bei mir! 

Wirklich alle Updates gemacht? Denn gestern (Donnerstag) Abend kam noch ein Update.

Danach läuft bei mir Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 anstandslos, sogar mit Hardware Beschleunigung! 

Kb5000842 made as an optional update? The update has to be initiated manually for me!

Really done all updates? Because yesterday (Thursday) evening there was an update.

After that, Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 runs smoothly for me, even with hardware acceleration!

I am running 1.9.2.1035

I've tried using Affinity Photo several times. I then checked for Windows updates. Installed a few minor updates and tried running Affinity Photo again. It still crashes like crazy.

What is Kb000842 a username? How do initiate a manual, optional update on Affinity Photo?

I did install the KbOOO842 in Windows. It did help a little so long as the "Enable OpenCL compute acceleration" box is not checked. It still crashes but not as much. If the "acceleration" box is checked it is very slow and crashes 100% of the time after struggling to function. Where should the "Disk Usage Warning" be set at in the performance section? I've never been able to edit photos near 1gb in size it always crashes. I don't know how people can do anything with a high megapixel camera

Disable Hardware acceleration under Edit --> Preferences --> Performance

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Affinity (Photo, Designer, Publisher) v1.9.2 crashes every time I open a document, while hardware acceleration is activated. The update KB5000842 is already installed.

I have to disable OpenCL hardware acceleration in order to run the software.

The 1.9.2 beta did run perfectly with hardware acceleration enabled.

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Intel Core i7 8700K
64GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (Driver 461.92 Studio)

Edited by Atrus

I JUST FOUND THE FIX FOR THE ISSUE!!!

I just recovered that I still had installed the OpenGL and OpenCL compatibility pack from Microsofts App Store.

I installed that as I tried to fix the crashes of Affinity Photo after the Update from 1.8.5 to 1.9.0. Unfortunately it didn't help, but I left it installed nontheless.

After I've uninstalled the App and rebooted my machine, I was able to activate OpenCL hardware acceleration in all Affinity products and had no crashes anymore.

Maybe that helps other users, that have similar problems.

Cheers!