You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to make a logo with writing... which has a border... then that border has a border that is 5 times as thick and then the same border again.

I have Affinity Photo only. 

How do I make?

See below pic attached for a pic that shows what I want.

I'm sure it must be simple, but I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

image5.png

1 hour ago, enginestar said:

I need to make a logo with writing... which has a border... then that border has a border that is 5 times as thick and then the same border again.

I have Affinity Photo only. 

How do I make?

Maybe like this

Logo.afphoto

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

1 hour ago, enginestar said:

Ooohhh. very nice 🙂 

One thing missing was the outline on the white part. How do I add that?

How do I do myself from scratch?

Thanks.

1. Type text - for the example I used Arial font 150pt, color 225,10,225
2. Duplicate the text layer
3. Select the lower of the two text layers and in the context tool bar click on convert to Curves
4. With that layer still selected, In the (Text Group) context toolbar, set the stroke to 65 pt, and the color to 52,255,255. That produces the cyan'ish first level background.
5. Now select the upper text layer and add the black letter outline. There are several ways this can be done.

With the text selected, in the context toolbar set the stroke color to Black, the stroke width to around 10pt and the order to "draw Stroke behind".

Alternatively with the text layer selected,at the bottom of the layer panel click on the fx (layer effects) icon. In that layer effects dialog select Outline. Leave Blend as Normal, Opacity as 100%, set Radius at around 22px. Leave Alignment as outside, Fill style as Solid color and Color as black.

6. Add the background yellow rectangle. You can either use the rectangle tool, or the rectangular marquee tool and Flood fill on a new pixel layer. Either way put this layer at the bottom of the layer stack.

7. To replace the dot on the letter "i" with a star, you first need to cover the dot with a small rectangle set to the same color as in step 4. Again you can do that with either the rectangle tool, or the rectangular marquee tool and flood fill on a new pixel layer.Put that layer above the upper text layer.

8. Use the star tool to produce the "starred dot" for the letter "i" and put that layer at the top of the stack.

I'm not sure what you mean about missing an outline on the white part. There was no white part in your sample image. The white part in the file I posted was the page background. This would either be white or transparent depending on how you set your page up. Normally with a logo, I would expect you would select just the area of the logo itself, and in the export dialog set the area to "selection only", but if you do want a white area outside of the yellow then try this.

If your page is white, go to the Document menu and click on Transparent background. That will change the background to transparent. Now use the rectangle tool to drag out a rectangle of the size you want, set its fill and stroke colors to white and place that layer at the bottom of the stack.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

That image in the first post doesn't show the warp of the logo as in this image...
image.png.c09b2fe417ed2d46920cc412098c2b3f.png
Cyan on yellow... yuk! how not to use colour.

So there would be additional steps to warp the text using the mesh warp tool. Bear in mind that using the mesh warp tool will rasterise the curves so if you want to keep the curves group them first and make a duplicate of the group and warp the duplicate.

image.png.b5d55101991f2afbc3722c1e30d4f8a5.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...