You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Irritating glitch in Develop Persona

When working with images in the Develop Persona, I am getting glitches where the image display reverts to its unedited state. If I perform any action it then returns to show me the image with all current edits. It’s definitely not affecting the image because it does export the correct version when applied, regardless of how it appears in the workspace.

I’m not ruling out my ageing Mac as the potential culprit, particularly as its GPU isn’t up to scratch but I thought it would be helpful to post this in case it affects anyone else.

Edited by DavidAsch
Typo

• Staff

Hi @DavidAsch,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. Are you experiencing these issues with any RAW format or with just one specifically (if so which one)? What your macOS specs (menu Apple > About This Mac - do not include the serial number in the screen capture or hide it) and Affinity Photo version? Any chance you can record a clip showing the issues while you work on the image in Develop Persona? Thank you.

On 4/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, MEB said:

Hi @DavidAsch,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. Are you experiencing these issues with any RAW format or with just one specifically (if so which one)? What your macOS specs (menu Apple > About This Mac - do not include the serial number in the screen capture or hide it) and Affinity Photo version? Any chance you can record a clip showing the issues while you work on the image in Develop Persona? Thank you.

It seemed to be with any of my RAW formats (mainly Canon and Olympus) but annoyingly, I am currently unable to reproduce it, although it has happened sporadically over the course of time. I recently reset to factory defaults, so it may have been some rogue setting. I will update this post if I can capture it happening.

AP version: 1.9.2

Here are my system specs:

image.png.b75e9b4f7c78cf52f52f885021bbb7c1.png