You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Can you create/add multiple vectors/objects on the same layer?

Hello everyone,

I´m using Affinity Designer since a month or two and I´m wondering if there´s a setting or way to create multiple objects or vectors on the same layer. For example I´d like to use the Vector Paint Brush tool on one layer, without creating a new one every time I add a new vector. I know that you can group and classify layers, but that´s not really what I´m looking for.

Well, AFD is not a ´traditional´ digital painting programme like Clip Studio Paint etc. (actually it´s totally not), but maybe you can use it as such in some cases. So, what I´m looking for is a feature to ´paint´ like in pixel-mode without ´separating´ each ´line´.

I don´t really think that there´s a setting or feature like that, but maybe I´ve overseen something...

(I´m sorry if there is a similar topic like that in the forums, but I didn´t find anything.)

12 minutes ago, prophet said:

You could try Layer > Geometry > Merge Curves to get multiple vectors to behave as a single unit.

That helps a lot, thanks!

I think it will do it for now, but do you know if there´s a setting to apply this also to every new curve so that you don´t have to do it afterwards? I mean, it´s not a huge effort, but... I´m kida lazy^^ My major problem with this is the organization of my layers panel and projects. Grouping/Classifying layers doesn´t help because it creates a kind of mask onto the existing layer.

Well, I think that Affinity Designer or at least the vector graphics mode really isn´t made for a lot of this kind of work...