You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 Finger Rotate Gesture For Windows 10

Honestly hurts my workflow so much to have to hot-key 2 of my rocker buttons to a limited 15 degree rotation / press. That or put down my pen, pick up my mouse and scroll for smooth rotation.

Any reason that it works on Mac and tablet and not on windows???

Hi and welcome to the forums @Louis257,

Are you referring to using a graphics tablet? 

I find that setting the preference to use the trackpad to scroll. I am unsure if such a preference is available on what ever version of Windows you are running and I also don't know if it will work with whatever graphics tablet you are using, my ignorance is due to drivers and what not.

220824624_ScreenShot2021-04-02at10_44_40AM.png.e4b9e56d4a036b94365036ea9a38c3b1.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yeah, as I said its only on Mac and Tablet. Was wondering if its ever coming to PC or why its not avilable on PC. Im using a Wacom tablet capable of touch inputs, which work on photoshop etc fine.

As you can see that setting doesn't exist on PC

image.png.a7f3e53bec0b44c00914b9c68c18b1bf.png

21 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Hi and welcome to the forums @Louis257,

Are you referring to using a graphics tablet? 

I find that setting the preference to use the trackpad to scroll. I am unsure if such a preference is available on what ever version of Windows you are running and I also don't know if it will work with whatever graphics tablet you are using, my ignorance is due to drivers and what not.

220824624_ScreenShot2021-04-02at10_44_40AM.png.e4b9e56d4a036b94365036ea9a38c3b1.png

Try the "touch for graphics only" in your Preferences.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Try the "touch for graphics only" in your Preferences.

If you are on about the "touch for gestures only" it doesn't work.

The touch for gestures only setting just stops you being able to use the tool currently selected (Ie Brush, eraser, select) by touch, basically incase you are pannign of zooming and you accidently erase or draw something

The feature just seems to be missing from the Windows 10 version as touch zoom and pan works fine

Edited by Louis257

• 5 months later...

I believe a comment was made in a past thread on this subject that the rotate gesture is provided by the OS on the Mac so it is standardized and readily available to applications, but Windows does not handle this by itself or does so in an inconsistent way or something which makes it much harder for developers to incorporate these gestures?

You might note that Microsoft does not list rotation as one of the standard trackpad ("touchpad" as they call it) gestures that apps should provide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/design/input/touchpad-interactions

Apple does: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204895

• 8 months later...

Please add this feature ASAP.

Many of us now have switched to Windows 2 in 1 laptops. Surface, Lenovo and Samsung with the outstanding S-Pen to name but a few.

The Zoom and Pan works very well. If we just had rotate canvas and maybe the standard 2 finger tap to undo. We would be golden.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, F.m.S said:

😵‍💫<please add this feature. i bought a new tablet so i can rotate the canvas with my fingers and it doesn't work. And it is eve worst, zoom with 2 fingers scrolls up and down while scrolling down with 2 fingers zooms in and out. 

same here!

it's extremely annoying and disappointing :(