You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Too Many Crashes

iumbra

Hello,

I have been using Affinity tools for years. When they were in the cradle, I understood the crashes were unavoidable. But I am getting a bit tired of them now (using Designer mostly so let's say it happens in Designer but I had these issues in Photo in the past, too) and I wish to see this getting somewhere, as I get them as often as several times every single session, every time I sue the app. MacOS Catalina, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2017. It happened in previous versions of Affinity Designer and it seems to get even worse these days (v. 1.9.1.) It happens randomly, no exact pattern spotted (cannot reproduce). I love Affinity tools but these frequent crashes make working with them quite a challenge. If I attach an iPad and use it with Duet as a mirror display and so that I can draw on it with a pencil, then the crushes increase in frequency, but they happen very often even without any extra devices attached. Including some of the latest reports in the attachment.

Affinity crash reports.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Pavla,

I've split this post off because they are all Designer crash reports which don't really belong in the Photo forum.

The only thing I can really see from any of those reports is the crash may happen when undoing a raster brush?

Without a solid recipe though we're going to struggle to find what's going on. Crash reports aren't always that useful I'm afraid.

These crash reports are primarily for 1.9.1 so I was wondering if you've tried 1.9.2 and is it any more stable?

1.9.2. and crashes every day!!! Random times, random files. I just had a crash now for no other reason than aligning some elements.. It's REALLY unreliable now. Last year the app was solid AF, and now I have to save after every modification :/

Running latest macOS.

If you want me to copy paste every report here, I will.

• Staff
On 4/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, norbinw said:

1.9.2. and crashes every day!!! Random times, random files. I just had a crash now for no other reason than aligning some elements.. It's REALLY unreliable now. Last year the app was solid AF, and now I have to save after every modification :/

Running latest macOS.

If you want me to copy paste every report here, I will.

Yes if you attach the last few reports here we might see what's going on.

• Staff

Hey norbinw,

We aren't really seeing much from those crash reports, however there have been some stability fixes for Affinity Photo which should make their way to Designer at some point. 

One of the fixes which might help you is this - Fixed potential crash when quitting with layers still on the clipboard.

So keep your eye on the Designer beta forum or follow MattP on the forum so you get a notification when he announces a beta.