Sign in to follow this  
DETLEVSKI

Total freeze using the grab (hand) Tool

I am using AD for sometime now and keep getting total freezes when zooming in and especially using the grab tool. This happend to me using OS Yosemite (10.10) and El Capitan (10.11).

This is a total freeze, no crash report is written and there is no KP (kernel panic).

I can however still reboot using SSH and restart the machine, it looks like the grapical interface is dead or disabled.

This makes using AD a PITA, I really enjoy the performance and smoothness, but the freezes make it almost impossible to use.

The freeze today was when I was working fullscreen, the only thing I see before the shit hits the fan is this:

13/10/15 14:53:10,572 WindowServer[251]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Affinity Designer" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.

13/10/15 14:53:13,516 WindowServer[251]: common_reenable_update: UI updates were finally reenabled by application "Affinity Designer" after 3.94 seconds [0.25fps] (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds [1.00fps])

13/10/15 14:53:16,045 Affinity Designer[955]: The object <LayerIconButton: 0x7fc51d2b5620> is not an NSControl subclass, but it is being used as the controlView for a cell. This is not allowed.

13/10/15 14:53:16,045 Affinity Designer[955]: The object <LayerSubItemIconButton: 0x7fc51d7eb900> is not an NSControl subclass, but it is being used as the controlView for a cell. This is not allowed.

13/10/15 14:53:16,666 WindowServer[251]: CGXDeleteWindowRegion: Operation on a window 0x17 requiring rights kCGSWindowRightOwner by caller Affinity Designer

I am not a Cocoa programmer, but it looks like the WindowServer is having problems with AD. Can you help me make AD more productive, I have been doing some searching and I have read more reports about these freezes also in combination with the grab tool.