You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Few Floral Pics - Before And After Affinity Photo

Smee Again

I really wish we had "Layer Fill" in Affinity Photo, but fortunately, one of our members has devised a way to "almost" match the results for use in color grading images. Thought I would show a few examples of the my recent work before editing and after. All was done using Affinity Photo ONLY.

I like to use color to change the mood of an image, and the use of a color layer with control over the fill (NOT the opacity - different animal) really helps. I wish Serif would bring that ability (and not a workaround that "almost" does the same thing) to Affinity Photo.

IMG_3536_2400_original.jpg

IMG_3536_2400.jpg

IMG_3645_2400._beforejpg.jpg

IMG_3645_2400.jpg

IMG_3691_2400_before.jpg

IMG_3691_2400.jpg

I like the ones avec the bee, bees are a bitch to catch, the never stand still.

Just a tip, to add more drama/glamour, have a little spray bottle with a mix of 50% glycerin and 50% water with you, that creates some nice dew drops, which take a long time to evaporate. And the look good on flowers.