You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tamron 17-70 f2.8 E Mount Lens Profile

Hi Team,

I am currently deciding on purchasing the software Affinity Photo, however I find that the lens profile for Tamron 17-70 f2.8 E Mount and also Lens  profile for Sigma 56mm f1.4 E Mount is not available which makes the software not useful for RAW development, so can you please let me know if this will be added and if so when it will be added, based on that I will plan to buy the software.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Rajagop,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response, we're currently working through a backlog of tickets so we appreciate your patience and understanding here!

I can confirm that Affinity Photo uses LensFun for our library of lens corrections - meaning that LensFun needs to add support for these lenses before Affinity Photo can apply automatic lens correction.

I have checked the latest list of lenses on LensFuns website and I can confirm that support for the Tamron 17-70 f2.8 E lens has recently been added to their 'develop' list, meaning it will be included in a future release of Lensfun and therefore should alos be supported in a future version of Affinity - though we can't provide a timescale for this currently.

Unfortunately it does not appear as though the Sigma 56mm f1.4 E lens is listed, so until LensFun add support for this lens, it will be incompatible within Affinity for lens correction.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Rajagop - You can also try using the newest beta release of AP, which supports Adobe Camera Raw lens profiles.  I think the beta is only available for customers who have a paid and installed version of AP on their machine, so this might be a little tricky - perhaps a moderator, like @Dan C could chime in here on how to get you a test copy, if that is possible?

Here is a link to the latest beta:

WIN: 

MAC: 

So you can read about the changes, features and improvements from the previous releases.  I have tested the use of ACR lens profiles in the beta and I can say that, for the profiles I tested, it worked.

Both of the above-referenced lenses appear to be supported in the Sony E mount, and the .lcp files are present in the latest version of Lightroom/ACR.  I have attached the .lcp files here for download.

To make these profiles available for AP, you will need to copy them to the correct directory on your machine, just like a custom LensFun XML file.  To make this process easier, the Preferences > General tab in AP has a button on it that will open the lens profile directory for AP in your OS - then you simply copy the Adobe .lcp files there and restart AP.  If all is working properly, when you enable lens profile corrections, AP should automatically choose the correct profile (based on the raw file's metadata).

Have fun!

Kirk

SONY (SIGMA 56mm F1.4 DC DN C018) - RAW.lcp SONY (TAMRON 17-70mm F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD B070) - RAW.lcp

• Staff
19 hours ago, kirkt said:

You can also try using the newest beta release of AP, which supports Adobe Camera Raw lens profiles.  I think the beta is only available for customers who have a paid and installed version of AP on their machine, so this might be a little tricky - perhaps a moderator, like @Dan C could chime in here on how to get you a test copy, if that is possible?

The good news is that these betas have been released as retail versions today, meaning they will be able to download and install 1.10 :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Also note that the .lcp files are human readable xml, and you can edit them if you need to, to make sure that your camera is embedding EXIF data that matches what AP expects from the lens profile (for example, the camera model and lens name).

kirk