You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong Behavior of Colour Chooser (CMYK)

jakup

Hi, I have a problem that appears only with publisher (it doesn't appear in photo nor in designer).

The thing is that when i try to sample colour from colour chooser panel on the right side of a screen, the actual "colour picking point" differs from to mouse, but only when choosing cmyk colour.

I am using latest version of publisher (1.9.2) for mac os big sur, MBA 17'. I tried to reinstall publisher with the same result. 

What I expect? - I expect colour chooser to pick color accurately, now it "jumps".

Sample video at the bottom. Hope someone can help me :)

Edited by jakup
small edit

1 hour ago, jakup said:

What I expect? - I expect colour chooser to pick color accurately, now it "jumps".

I can confirm this on Catalina.

1 hour ago, jakup said:

Hope someone can help me

It's a bug. All we can do is wait until they fix it in one of the next updates.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

2 hours ago, jakup said:

(it doesn't appear in photo nor in designer)

For me it's the same bug in all three apps.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

And as if it weren't enough, on El Capitan we now have a miniature of the color spectrum… :/

aff_192_color_chooser_bug_el_capitan.png.c3440db702b75334c77ec553f39d94c8.png

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "[macOS] CMYK Color sliders in colour chooser inconsistent" (REF: AF-657) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2317".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.