You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing the language for orthography

Dear Affinity Team,

I would like to write my CV twice. Once in german and once in english. So I found, that I can change the language for the whole settings of Affinity from english to german (vice versa).

But my question is: Is it also possible to change the language settings just for the orthography checker. So I could change between two differnet documents that are open at the same time and in one document it shows me the german spelling mistakes and in the other open document it marks the spelling mistakes in my english texts.

That would be very helpful, as right now everything is marked red as I am not using the right language for the orthography checker and I do not want to change the settings for the whole programm every time.. .

If this option does not exist yet, I would recommend to include it in a later version of Affinity Publisher.

Best regards and thank you

Hello, thanks I found the solution in this YouTube-Video if anyone has the same problem:

Simply go to View -> Studio -> Charakter -> Language ->  there you can change the settings for the language.

Or in the german Version Ansicht -> Studio -> Zeichen -> Sprache -> Sprache dort auswählen

Most of the times the charakter column/panel is already open on the right hand side, just got to language and select the needed language.

Best regards