10on12

Stroke colour multiple objects

Select multiple objects on the page.

Try and change the stroke/line colour of all the objects to the same colour.

The stroke/line optoins along the top don't display.

The stroke/line palette on the right hand side doesn't display colour info.

You have to change tool to the pen/pencil tool (with objects still selected) for the information along the top to display.

The context toolbar is for specific tools to show the most appropriate options to the user. When in the move tool with a multiple selection this shows the alignment and group options.  The stroke/line colour should always be shown and editable in the colour/swatches panel and is working for me in the current version. Can you post a screen shot so I can see what is going wrong please.

I'm in the 'move' tool. I've selected 2 objects on the page - with the intention of changing the line/stroke colour.

None of the options to change colour are displayed.

I'm starting to 'get' the contextual nature of the toolbar - but having to dip into the tool bar (to change to NODE) to display attributes is an extra step I'm not used to making.

Always hated the 'multiple arrow' deal that Illustrator spawned, overblown bloat - 1 is enough - click in the middle selects the object to move - click on the path/edge makes the path active for editing.

15234998357_c9c5edafaa_c.jpg

I honestly think you've overlooked placing the current colour in the line/stroke palette on the right.

Finding that aspect (& colours generally) a bit frustrating TBH - I expect the stroke/line colour to be controlled from that palette (on the right).

Not complaining though - very much enjoying the learning curve.

I understand now. Yes we can put the stroke colour on the line panel if it would help you. The rule is, if it is helpful, looks good and isn't confusing then we will add it.

I understand now. Yes we can put the stroke colour on the line panel if it would help you. The rule is, if it is helpful, looks good and isn't confusing then we will add it.

I think it would be a good thing to have,... on every place their color. sometimes i'm in a mess with that "circle & donut" together to select the color.

Then should the tabs "line" and "brushes" to have the same color's selector (with possilibity of opacity selector as well) than "swatches"?

I have made a graphic to explain what could be a better (in usability) panels. Hope you like it :)

xcoljk.jpg

The opacity control it's always on the same place. "circle & Donut" do not create confusion anymore (am I dislexic?) because they are where they have to. So you always know which part of the element are you coloring (stroke or inside)

Now that i see the graphic well, maybe brushes need and inside option for color too? :)

Additionally in the swatches panel, it would be great for:

- some highlight or indication of the colour that you are using if it's in the palette

- the ability to move the swatches around in the palette for organizing (darks to lights, colour tints etc...)  instead of the current way of as an "as you create them" arrangement 

the ability to move the swatches around in the palette for organizing (darks to lights, colour tints etc...)  instead of the current way of as an "as you create them" arrangement 

+1

And how can i delete a color that i accidentally dragged into the palette?