You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am preparing a celebration document for my wife's 80th birthday. I have started to print them off, and3 have a problem. The pictures are all coming out with a reddish setting

As a comparison I have printed the same picture out on page plus and I attach a scanned image of the two. The lower from PP, the upper from AFF Pub

I have an Epsom WF7610 printer. The printer is set to CMYK/8 US web coated swop v2

So where am I going wrong?

img_0418.jpg

48 minutes ago, E9B6 said:

I have an Epsom WF7610 printer. The printer is set to CMYK/8 US web coated swop v2

So where am I going wrong?

I suspect that, like most consumer-level printers, your Epson printer expects to be fed RGB data. Colour profiles such as US Web Coated SWOP v2 are intended for use when sending the work to a print shop. (SWOP is the acronym for ‘Specifications for Web Offset Publications’.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, E9B6 said:

Use the the default for the Affinity document (sRGB) also don't change any default printer driver icc profile settings etc., just select your printing paper size/margins there. When printing with such a home printer let the printer driver automatically do the whole conversion.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

It hasn't made any difference. I have set all my documents to rgb

I attach a picture showing on the left the print out, and on the right the screen.

I have to print over 100 photographs for the project and these are useless to me.

Screenshot 2021-04-04 131349.png

20210404_130932.jpg