You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Popup Dialogue for the Flood Fill Tool

If not paid careful attention to the settings of Flood Fill Tool before making flood fills, the program can take a long time to respond because of accidentally covering up the whole document. I had to force quit the program about 4 or 5 times. For example, there can be pixels very close together but with gap space you care barely notice. There can be a source setting saying "Current Layer" whereas I may forget to set it to "Layers Beneath." And I can some times be on the wrong layer. So if I overlook one of these options, the program stops responding, and then the next best thing to do is to restart it, and that can really get frustrating.

And so an idea that I thought of is to have a dialogue that pops up that can detect how large the flood fill will be after an action is made, and it can say something like, "This action may take a long time for the program to respond. Do you wish to continue?"

What do you think of this idea?

Joke:

Somebody please do something about the 666 likes I have, or I will have a devil of a problem.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

13 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

Joke:

You'd rather be the Neighbour of the Beast?

Very well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

"This action may take a long time for the program to respond. Do you wish to continue?"

What do you think of this idea?

There are quite a few such actions and operations, which can take a long time depending on the size and complexity of the image. If it is necessary to click on all of them, the user will not do anything else :-)

In the case of these operations, a dialogue with the progress bar would be more appropriate, and the possibility to interrupt (not complete) this operation.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.