You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.9.2

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Photo, version 1.9.2

The changes in Affinity Photo for Windows 1.9.2 (made since the last release Affinity Photo for Windows 1.9.1) are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Improved hardware acceleration with live filters
  • Fixed Live filters that have any position controls being broken on saving and re-opening the document
  • Fixed Canon D90 + EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens not being identified 
  • Added lens corrections & LensType mappings for Irix 11mm F4 and Irix 150mm F2.8 lenses 
  • Added support for Adobe Lens Correction Profiles 
  • Improved performance of Export and Merge Visible for documents with lots of live filters by working in larger tiles
  • Fixed crash at startup due to bad OpenCL drivers (really this time)
  • Fixed some downloadable brushes being considered undeletable
  • Fixed being unable to download full resolution OpenAsset images
  • Improved Brush and Asset categories to be alphabetically sorted
  • Fixed line breaks not being copied to clipboard.
  • Improved Lens Correction identification
  • Misc fixes for My Account feature and content downloads.
  • Added ability to organise LUT adjustment presets, including support for multiple categories and import / export as ".afluts" files
  • Fixed loading of certain assets consuming huge amounts of memory
  • Fixed specific Print Profile crash
  • Fixed crash when dragging Unsplash images from panel when Unsplash is returning errors
  • Added F15 / F16 zoom shortcuts for tablets
  • Fixed print orientation being wrong when printing Label with Auto Rotate selected 
  • Fixed stroke width being printed incorrectly on rotated objects 
  • Fixed "Print job was cancelled from print manager" using Canon iPF 5100 drivers 
  • Fixed ending the print spooler from Services causing the app to hang
  • Various stability improvements
  • Help and Localisation improvements

Changes and fixes in 1.9 made since 1.8 (including the new 1.9 features) are listed in some detail in this 1.9.0 Photo Windows update announcement 

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Photo).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for Windows) can be downloaded from this link. (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Nice job once more. All three apps downloaded and installed in a snap. Login to my account worked like a charm. Thanks again.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
7 minutes ago, footeg said:

Why does this version show 1.9.2.1035 while the latest beta shows 1.9.2.1005?

Many beta builds were internal only 1.9.2.1005 was build almost 3 weeks ago.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
6 hours ago, daklakfoto said:

since 1.9, i got the register user, which i am, but when i click on "already register. Sign in" i always get an error.  What is this new thing on that pop up screen during launch of Affinity?

See featured post at the top of this thread

On 3/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, Patrick Connor said:

do not post bugs or problems that you find when using this version of the software in this thread,

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Was using Photo 1.9.1. Tried to open a .PDF file via "Open with ..." from Windows Explorer. In the dialog box, I changed from 300dpi to 192dpi, and changed the color space to Greyscale. Photo 1.9.1 would crash - it never opened the file and the UI simply disappeared.

I then upgraded to v1.92 and opened the file from within the app using File/Open, and left the settings as they were in the original file. The file opened, I was able to add the content necessary and export it again.

I then closed Photo, returned to Windows Explorer and repeated the exact steps described above to see if 1.9.2 still crashes. I'm pleased to report that it does not.

So ... if users have reported opening PDFs caused 1.9.1or earlier to crash, they seem to have been fixed in this new version.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, frankDIZON said:

will wait for the mac version

This thread is for Windows, the  mac version has already been updated to 1.9.3.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 4 weeks later...