You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Questions from Illustrator user

Hello,

I had some questions regarding doing things in affinity. I regularly use adobe Illustrator but i really like the transparency tool and fill tool in affinity so far. The styles are also quite good.There are also some other features which are great and faster than AI.

Some my questions with reference images are as follows.

1. I want to create my own vector textures. I have a collection of vector textures that i use in in Illustrator.How to make vector textures and save them as new styles?Also is possible to change the colour of the textures after u turn them into styles?

image.png.7e7bdd665f63758b889365c30afb738d.png
  2. I know there is this export persona with slice. But i would like to know few things. I make game art assets like tiles and such in Illustrator and use Artboard to have equal tile sizes for most objects and props I make. IN illustrator i just click once and images gets exported based on how many Artboards i have and the dimensions of the images stay as the dimensions of Artboard.Example:
    image.png.4fb09a54850846ad786c1ae26d3d1ff4.png

how may i achieve this similar to Illustrator with click of single button click which is export as Artboard like this

image.png.f919860c326a5bbb19043df4c6389648.png
    if there is some fast workaround this please let me know.
  3. Is there a way to export Affinity brushes or styles to another software like Adobe or Inkscape?I guess u can  use lines for brushes and export as SVG or such for both things and work with them?

I will ask more questions as  i use affnity more and more. But those are the things I would like to know for now.

Thanks for helping me out.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi JonyJodha,

I apologise for the delayed response occasionally posts like this one slip through the net. 

1. If you create a document in .AI that has objects with each of your styles applied you could export this to a format such as PDF or save as .AI with PDF compatibility enabled and then import the file into affinity. Once imported you can right click your objects and hit Create Style to import them into the Styles tab.
  2. There is no fast work around for this as far as I'm aware, you would have to create slices from the artboards using the export persona as you have already found out.
  3. In regards to brushes there is no way to do this however to export styles you could follow my steps in answer 1 but instead of using AI use Affinity :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.