You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.9.1 on 2016 iPad Pro Constantly Crashing

Affinity Designer keeps crashing on my 2016 iPad Pro, primarily with a specific file while using the pixel persona.

I have…

• the latest iPadOS (14.4.2)
  • the latest version of Affinity Designer (1.9.1)
  • reset all settings in Affinity Designer
  • deleted many files in case memory space was somehow an issue
  • hard restarted my iPad 
  • deleted all of the layers in my document that I’m not actively using

This, among other smaller issues, has taken up HOURS of my day, on a day where I’m too injured to work in my art studio or at my desktop. I’m at my absolute wits’ end. Help me, Obiwan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.

7AC81CE8-064B-44AD-9DE4-1FF56D25A16E.jpeg

17D111DD-FE4F-47B7-8A51-BF6955D896F0.jpeg

Weapons_of_War.afdesign

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @FatGirlMedia,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we're currently working through a backlog of tickets, so we appreciate your patience and understanding here.

Can you please confirm for me, is this an issue you're still experiencing in 1.9.2 Affinity Designer? Have you tried using the 1.10 beta by chance? I ask as this update includes many performance improvements and RAM usage changes that would hopefully improve the iPads performance with this file and reduce crashing!

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!