You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize of brush type tools via square brackets fails

I am not sure of the conditions leading to the problem, but on multiple occasions resize of brush type tools via square brackets fails. This has at least occurred with inpainting, painting masks b/w, but likely elsewhere haven’t kept track. Pressing the square brackets yields the audio "bonk" instead of a resize, as if the state is not valid for a resize operation. I have checked and the correct tool and layer are highlighted. 

Clicking in the layer panel but not on any layer to deselect the layer and back on the layer to reselect it seems to resolve the problem.

• Staff

Hey BeauRX,

Are you using a traditional US keyboard layout? I can't say I've had this before and I use them religously. Any chance you can get a quick recording when it happens with as much of the UI visible as possible (especially the Layers Panel)?

I can confirm the issue. Due to a different Keyboard Layer (German) i have changed the Shortcuts to "ä" and "ö".

Even pressing the Keys (it makes no difference which one) there's a Sound, or you are running in the Protocol up or down.

Same when using the Wacom Tablet.

While inpainting the resizing works fine. 

Cheers

Michael

Mac mini M1, macOS 13, Affinity Photo 1.10.6 & Affinity Photo 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.