You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rasterize and Antialias

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug but Affinity Photo 1.9.1 is doing something I don't expect.  When I create a Vector object and set the Blend Antialias to Off, it removes the antialiases.  If I export that to PNG, the export does not contain antialiases.  However, if I Rasterize the vector, I get antialiases even though they are not displayed.  To work around it, I have been exporting vectors as PNG and bringing them back in.  But this is a pain in the butt.  Is it possible for Rasterize to obey the Antialias setting?  Or is there something that I'm missing?  Thanks.

James

PS:  This might be the same in Affinity Designer as well but I haven't checked.

5 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @Redspark,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for reporting this. I'm logging the issue to be looked at.

When we rasterise an object which has FX, we are given the option of preserving FX or baking them into the result.

I think we should be given a similar option for preserving blend options or baking them into the result.