You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best Affinity app for creating fiction/nonfiction book covers?

Hi. I'm moving to Affinity from InDesign. Very impressed so far. However, I've watched countless tutorials, but can't figure out which is best for designing paperback book covers for fiction and nonfiction books. Do I use Publisher, Photo, Designer, or a combo? And if so, which two work best together to create a cover? I bought Publisher and Photo, but am happy to buy Designer if it's needed for best results.

Any advice appreciated, especially if you can point me to a tutorial for a paperback cover which demos your recommendation.

~ Celeste Joseph ~

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Celeste. :)

18 minutes ago, Celeste Joseph said:

I bought Publisher and Photo, but am happy to buy Designer if it's needed for best results.

Publisher and Photo are probably all you need (the former for text and layout, and the latter for tweaking images) but if you want to try out Designer for free you can get it from here:

https://affin.co/designertrial

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

26 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Celeste. :)

Publisher and Photo are probably all you need (the former for text and layout, and the latter for tweaking images) but if you want to try out Designer for free you can get it from here:

https://affin.co/designertrial

Thanks Alfred.

I'll give Designer a try. It's only $24.99 right now, so even if I don't use it for covers, maybe it will come in handy for some future work.

I used WebPlus many years ago and have major appreciation for Serif, so I was thrilled to learn about the Affinity apps from a post on the Scrivener forum.