You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I want to export some pages in Affinity Publisher as PDF's. My problem is that I need crop marks but when exporting the document with it, the size of the PDF become larger than A4 and the printer cannot print it. Is there anything I can do to make the width of the crop marks shorter?

Thank you in advance! 

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Flotschi!

No, the crop marks cannot be made shorter unless you add them by yourself. In any case adding crop marks to the document make it larger than A4. But why do you need crop marks when printing an A4 on an A4 sheet? Maybe you have to explain a bit more.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

If your document is slightly smaller than A4 but crop marks reach farther than A4 you could just print centered 100 % and let the printer crop out crop mark part that reach too far.

Or you could print to A3 sheet.

Probably there indeed is something we do not understand.