You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Stock URLs for Pixabay vectors?

Create a document, Prefer Linked and drag a vector from Pixabay to the document. First, you have no "Open Stock URL" button for this (I am not sure if there was a button in older versions). Second, the filename is a bit exaggerated, normally the shown cutie's name is bald-eagle-309003.svg. Third, the path seems strange to me. Why AppData\Local\Temp? Is this a permission thing?

nostockurl.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi @Joachim_L,

I'm not aware of an "Open Stock URL" button. So that can be a feature request. 

I agree with the long name, it's not very helpful. 

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Third, the path seems strange to me. Why AppData\Local\Temp? Is this a permission thing?

What path would you expect? There is no download/scratch disk location, so it has to be saved somewhere. 

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

What path would you expect?

I would "expect" the path where the document is located or in a folder called links / images where the document is located or if is an unsaved document where it is currently located.

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I'm not aware of an "Open Stock URL" button. So that can be a feature request.

You get this button for every raster image, but not for vectors on Pixabay, which is the only place where you can search for vectors only.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

I would "expect" the path where the document is located or in a folder called links / images where the document is located

Well, not really. If you have your document saved on Desktop for example, you would end up flooding it with "random" images. If you want them in a set location once they are imported, you can always use the Collect button :) I can't see how the current location can cause any issues. 

10 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

You get this button for every raster image, but not for vectors on Pixabay, which is the only place where you can search for vectors only.

Sorry should have made myself clearer. I was meant to say not aware of every having "Open Stock URL" for vectors. I think this is because EPS/SVG are interpreted as a document. 

Maybe this is a matter of personal temper or workflow. ;)

Who is doing e.g. a Publisher project on the desktop? Would you agree that normally a Publisher project consists of several images NOT lying also on the desktop? And btw the temp directory is "floated" with stuff I never noticed before. :D Time to do some cleaning.

temp.jpg

------