You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.2.1024 (RC2)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes / Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.2.1024 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.1 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

• Fixed regression present in 1.9.2.1022 where documents containing missing resources could crash on open
  • Data Merge Manager could crash on 'Generate' under certain circumstances

---

Release Notes for 1.9.2.1022

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

• In a Beta the update info window shows the currently installed version without the last digits and as if it would be a retail version. – Is there a chance to make this number more verbose/complete?

• Also it appears quite unusual that there is no info available about the download size before starting the download, neither within this info window nor in the forum's release notes.

929824167_apubbetaupdateinfo.jpg.eb81cf1319db5377c3508cd15bd1d218.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Karl H. said:

The crashes I had with the official 1.9.2 version on MacOS 10.15.6 on an Intel Mac mini while trying to export a PDF file are fixed now with this version. Thanks a lot!

@Karl, this thread concerns the beta v.1.9.2.1024 (RC2). It was the last beta before the 'official' retail release 1.9.2. which accordingly was published after the beta. – Are you sure your crashes happened with 1.9.2., not with an earlier version?

Hello thomaso,

thank you for asking. Yes, I am sure, I am working with the final version 1.9.2 of Publisher. Since the 1.9.x version I got more crashes than in former versions in general but the problem with the export of PDF files is obvious. After a hint in this forum I’ve downloaded the beta 1.9.2.1024 and everything was fine.

Another sort of crashes that I can repeat happens also when opening a few bigger files like books I am designing with 100 - 300 pages each. This happens in the 1.9.2 and also in the beta 1024 and is very disturbing in my workflow.

I am working on a Mac mini from end of 2014 with MacOS 10.15.6 and 16 GB of RAM and about 900 GB of free disk space. Even restarting the computer or stopping any other running program didn’t help.

Karl

59 minutes ago, Karl H. said:

I am sure, I am working with the final version 1.9.2 of Publisher. Since the 1.9.x version I got more crashes than in former versions in general (...).(…) the beta 1.9.2.1024 and everything was fine.

That would mean 1.9.1. and 1.9.2. would contain a bug that was not in a beta between these two versions. Considering that beta vs. retail versions are two separate apps with independent preference folders (while each retail version uses the same preferences when updated), your issues might be related to any corruption in the preferences of your retail versions. You could try solving the issue with an app reset of your retail 1.9.2.

For further discussion of crashes with your retail v.1.9.2. you might want to continue in your according thread in the bugs forum (in case you had reported it) or start a new topic there.

Publisher becomes better and better.

After a lot of disappointments, I'm finally almost at ease. I've a little bug on display : When I'm highlighting text, often I can't see the blue part and I need to use zoom to get it.

Mac OS 10.12.6

GC Radeon RX 580 8Go

4 hours ago, lenogre said:

Very big problem with master pages and image links :

APub recognizes only the image from the master pages. So, APub can't update images from pages. I must replace manually each image…

Capture d’écran 2021-04-13 à 11.23.13.png

Why are you using the 1.9.2 beta? It has been superseded by the 1.9.2 retail 2 weeks ago and now 1.9.3 retail version on Mac.

(Thanks for the edit, Patrick. I was just coming back to do that.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 minutes ago, lenogre said:

Excuse me but I do not read the forum every hour.

And you're not expected to. But as Patrick correctly pointed out in his edit to my post, 1.9.2 retail has been out for two weeks now.

There's a specific topic in the News and Information section that you can follow in order to always be aware of new retail releases: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=follow&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=71071 (which will get you an email if you ask, and reduce the need to watch the forums).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

40 minutes ago, lenogre said:

I've downloaded the 1.9.3 and the bug is still here…

If bugs affect the latest release, then please report them in the Publisher on Macos bugs forum. Perhaps just copy/paste your post above, preferably with a sample document that shows the problem

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.