You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting a selection made with the selection brush tool.

I know this is the most basic of basic, but I can't find it.  

I'm going 'cold turkey' off Fireworks, and am SPELLBOUND with the power of this $39 program.  I could maybe get rid of my Creative Cloud $29 per month charge if I can use A.D. instead of Fireworks AND Illustrator.  

BUT... one of the first things I tried to do was to delete a selection made with the selec. brush.  I don't want to mess with masks nor layers, I just want to 'erase it' off the jpg, png (or whatever) image.  

After selection, even if I go to the Edit menu, CUT is not available.  Delete says to use the Delete key, but it doesn't work either.  What am I missing in such a SMALL thing.  Feel so stupid asking such a basic question.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ess

• Staff

Hi ewarda,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure you have the correct layer selected. It the layer is identified as (Image) in the Layers gallery, right-click on it on the canvas or in the Layers panel and select Rasterise...

Then you should be able to delete just the selection. Let me know if you still have trouble.