You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen Tool, Pencil Tool and Vector Brush Tool uncorrectly work in "Edit in Plane" mode on isometric grid

Hello, when I use isometric feature of Affinity Designer, it seems that only shape tools and text tool work correclty when there is choosed "Edit in plane" option.

When I use Pen Tool, Pencil Tool, and Vector Brush Tool, I can choose "Edit in plane" option, but it doesnt work correctly.

I dont know is it a bug, because I cant find information about it in other forum sections.

I have attached video below.

With respect

• Staff

Hi SergioRus,

This isn't a bug, its just the way the feature is intended to work. Edit in Plane applies a rotation and skew based on your grid settings to make them 'fit' to that plane.

With a shape (or any other non-node created object) I believe its easy to fit them to that plane as you're drawing their bounding box out initially, so it can have the rotation and scale applied at that point.

Unfortunately when you're creating with nodes the bounding box size and its corresponding position is calculated once you've changed away from the Pen, Pencil, or Vector Brush tools. Therefor it makes it very tricky to know how exactly it should be fitted to the plane on creation. You will have to first create your shape off-plane and then use the 'Fit To Plane' option to transform it to the plane you want it to be in.

The Isometric Panel is not full 3d-editing, but useful tools to make transforming and rescaling objects in isometric planes much easier.