You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workbook? Which workbook?

I see that you found it, but I think the answer to your question in the other thread is that the German version will be ready when it's ready!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Recently I bought Font Creator version 10, released in summer, there is huuuge improvement in comparison with 8.0. I am still considering to buy Glyphs because switching from macOS to Win (on virtual machine) is quite annoying.

It would be nice to see a Mac version of FontCreator, but I don't know how easy it would be for a small company like High-Logic to develop a separate version for macOS at the same time as adding new features and bug fixes to the existing Windows version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

I really love experimenting with comic book lettering in Affinity Designer! I am trying now to transfer same techniques learnt from John Roshell's video tutorial done in Illustrator and it looks that AD will be great tool for letterers (despite the fact that text layers cannot be exported to PSD as editable ones). 

See attached different types of balloon borders you can create with compounds or clipping with my new font in action. 

post-15939-0-40866400-1477947608_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am working on re-lettering of crazy psychedelic underground comix "Incantations Junkies" by Pierre Gilhodes. Instead of creating font based on the original handwriting I decided to trace several versions of each letter and then build the English translated text manually letter by letter using Assets. I have to admit it is very time consuming technique how to letter bloody 20 pages but it keeps the organic look of text still matching with original artwork. Yeah, maybe I am crazy as well :)

Pierre.Gilhodes.01..jpg

Pierre.Gilhodes.02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Milos,

Nice work, I've dabbled with type design but I've never actually made an entire font from scratch but it is only list of things to do!

There is another user here that does comic book lettering. I've seen him around for a while but his user name is Jim_Campbell  and his website is http://clintflickerlettering.blogspot.com. It's worth a read if you have time. Jim is a nice guy and very knowledgeable about lettering. 

Hokusai

On 1. 2. 2018 at 10:58 PM, Hokusai said:

Milos,

Nice work, I've dabbled with type design but I've never actually made an entire font from scratch but it is only list of things to do!

There is another user here that does comic book lettering. I've seen him around for a while but his user name is Jim_Campbell  and his website is http://clintflickerlettering.blogspot.com. It's worth a read if you have time. Jim is a nice guy and very knowledgeable about lettering. 

Hokusai

Thanks, Hokusai.

I know Jim Cambell's site and yes, there is a lot of good stuff ;)

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2015 at 10:56 AM, Milos Micatek said:
Work on the new font continues - 2nd weight, diacritics added.

1jl2l3.png

Btw, is there any possible way to get the split view by horizontal line (not vertical)?

Sort of...Use the screen grab function, then paste the vector view and wireframe view into separate layers. Then decide how much to crop or fade in or out. It's not perfect but you could always ask the team to add this function.

HTH 

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

On 2018-5-12 at 11:17 AM, Milos Micatek said:

Another time lapse video from my lettering work for Nanits Universe.  

O my.... 

What size is that monitor? 

I use external 32inches TV but  I never got what I see here. 

Really nice bro... You rock! 

Question : what do you think about color fonts? 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 17. 5. 2018 at 10:19 PM, Arnaud Mez said:

O my.... 

What size is that monitor? 

I use external 32inches TV but  I never got what I see here. 

Really nice bro... You rock! 

Question : what do you think about color fonts? 

Thanks. It's 34 inches LG (3440x1440) ;)

I haven't tried to design color fonts yet, I am not sure if I would find appplication in my work so it could be "waste of time" for me.

• 3 months later...

I am quite missing Assets in Affinity Photo. It would be very useful in comic book lettering when I don't have accurate font. Here is the example where I created whole alphabet in Affinity Designer (I had no time to create it as font), then I built the text in some of dialogue balloons letter by letter using Assets and then copied it to Photo which I used to adjust and do little retouching of the original artwork. 

Question: Is there a plan to implement Assets to Photo? And similar.... to implement Macro to Designer?

AD_2018-08-29.jpg

AP_2018-08-29.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Some work in progress: semi-manual lettering of Czech edition of the graphic novel Ghost World by Daniel Clowes. I am using Assets in Affinity Designer to build translated text letter by letter because there is no time to create font based on original hand lettering... in other words I am just too lazy these days  :)

IMG_20190211_195911.jpg

IMG_20190211_200353.jpg

Wow amazing jobs, I've been playing around with making typefaces for headlines and that, but I've always wanted to make a full typeface. Have you said earlier that you used a PC software to make the font, have you tried any of the Mac version yet?

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire