You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a file that has several spot colors that export to a pdf with them showing up correctly as a spot color. I created one more spot color (for a die line) that will only show up as CMYK process. I am a 30+ year Illustrator expert forced to work (vendor) with AFD. So I have lots of experience and prejudices. (No, I don't need that many spot colors, I have no idea how to resolve it in AFD). I also don't have time to learn a whole new program.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 9.45.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 9.48.02 AM.png

Edited by rpayton777

Welcome to the forums @rpayton777!

Hope this answer reaches you in time?

Swatches panel >> Small Hamburger menu >> Add Global Colour >> Set up your colour and tick the Spot checkbox and add.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

So what is your export format then? PDF I guess? What preset did you use? You need one - press ready for example - that honours spot colours. You can check this by hitting the More button on the export dialogue.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

So what is your export format then? PDF I guess? What preset did you use? You need one - press ready for example - that honours spot colours. You can check this by hitting the More button on the export dialogue.

If you take a look at my original post images you will notice that yes a pdf. And all but the spot color I created have been honored. There lies my issue.

You added an effect (Gaussian Blur) to the element with the spot colour. This means this element will be rasterised on export and loses the spot colour.

------

6 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

You added an effect (Gaussian Blur) to the element with the spot colour. This means this element will be rasterised on export and loses the spot colour.

Ouch, I wondered why it was taking 10 minutes to save every time. 1 errant click sunk the whole ship. Thanks for your help, Joachim_L. 

1 minute ago, rpayton777 said:

Ouch, I wondered why it was taking 10 minutes to save every time. 1 errant click sunk the whole ship. Thanks for your help, Joachim_L.

Glad the problem is solved and sorry for me being so dim-witted in this conversation. :(

------