You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Emor. :)

Affinity Designer doesn’t even have a dimension tool, let alone a vector perspective tool, so I think you’ll be waiting for a long time if you need CAD features.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I never get why people say they would buy something without even knowing if the said product would be any good. I am guessing this is another person looking for close to pro level software at bargain basement prices. That all being said Affinity has 3 apps that is their focus, Designer, Photos and Publisher, they are a tremendous value for the money and even better if you get it when on sail for 50%. 

Thanks for your response! I’m so sorry that my comment upset you.  I currently own all three of affinity software. They are not close to pro level; they are at a professional level.  I’m sure that if Affinity would develop an AutoCad software, it would be at or above the quality of software I currently own without having to pay for every time they do a minor upgrade.  
Thanks Affinity for giving the consumer an option that competes with Adobe photoshop. I also own an Adobe photoshop software license. Affinity photo is just as good as photoshop. 

On 3/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Emor said:

Thanks for your response! I’m so sorry that my comment upset you.  I currently own all three of affinity software. They are not close to pro level; they are at a professional level.  I’m sure that if Affinity would develop an AutoCad software, it would be at or above the quality of software I currently own without having to pay for every time they do a minor upgrade.  
Thanks Affinity for giving the consumer an option that competes with Adobe photoshop. I also own an Adobe photoshop software license. Affinity photo is just as good as photoshop. 

I don't think anyone is upset, I know I am not. I am just commenting on the out of the blue posts asking for software and my assumption that people want more from Serif because the prices are fantastic for what you get. Yes you could make money using the Affinity apps but I think there is still a lot to come before it is truly on par with Adobe CC. Photos is one piece in the puzzle, Designer and Publisher have a ways to go still to match Illustrator and InDesign. They are not severely lacking in anything but they are just not there yet. I again am not sure where the assumption is that they would do AutoCad software well. This is a very different application than the standard 3 used by a variety of graphic professionals. This could be right out of their wheel house without hiring new talent who understand. On the other hand it could be great, there really is no way to know and this is why I question when people say they would buy as soon as one was released knowing nothing about it.