You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes

I too have been having the same issue. Constant crashing on windows 10 machine with Core i7 Haswell processor / 32GB Ram. I Tried windows compatibility mode (set to Win 8) AS I saw some reports online that this worked but problem with crashing still persists. 

10 hours ago, PeteMacca said:

Some of the crashes with the latest release can be fixed by:

(1) updating the graphics driver

If that doesn't fix it, try

(2) turning OFF hardware acceleration in Edit>>Preferences>>Performance

My Graphics Driver (NVIDIA GE Force GTX 760) Is up to date and hardware acceleration is switch off. AP is still crashing every time I try to edit a photo Can anyone confirm if Affinity provide support for this product apart from this forum? I need this for work and it's holding my production up. :(

• Staff
14 minutes ago, JAON said:

My Graphics Driver (NVIDIA GE Force GTX 760) Is up to date and hardware acceleration is switch off. AP is still crashing every time I try to edit a photo Can anyone confirm if Affinity provide support for this product apart from this forum? I need this for work and it's holding my production up. :(

Were you using 1.8 before 1.9? If so, was that crashing as much?

Honestly, I do not know what versions have been installed before. I usually just run updates when I see prompts. That said, if the previous version was 1.8 then I would say that was running fine on my machine. 1.9 is completely unusable. Is there a way to roll back versions? 

• Staff
17 hours ago, Iris Cruz Garcia said:

You`re right.

I could deinstall the update and install the 1.8. again.

But then I think, I lose my brushes, assets etc. But I`m not sure.

Export everything first and make a copy of your AppData folder whilst you're at it:

Affinity Store version - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\ and rename the 1.0 folder to 1.1

Microsoft Store version - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\ and rename the 1.0 folder to 1.1

You can acccess the AppData folder by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard and then just type %AppData%

• Staff
15 hours ago, Maryrivermart said:

I am getting constant crashes with the new version too. Hopeless. Unless Affinity addresses this quickly, I'm going to dump it and go back to Photoshop. I can't imagine I'll be alone. 

You haven't told us anything that you are doing, whether or not you've tried what was suggested in the third post in this thread.

If you don't try and explain what you are doing, how can we fix it?

Please use the guide at the top of the bugs forum on how to effectively report something to us:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/61-affinity-photo-beta-forums/