You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.asl files supported on Affinity?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bah, the more I try to stick with Affinity the more frustrations I run into.  Adobe products, as frustrating as it is, are fairly industry standard and I keep running into things it's just not compatible with.  Cross-compatibility should be a priority for this kind of software, and it's apparently just not.  I think I'm gonna have to go back to Photoshop as frustrating as it is to be forced into giving money to a company I really don't want to.

4 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

Perhaps one day something like the EU will compel Adobe to open its files up.

EU as in European Union, forcing a private corporation to divulge trade secrets? Really? I strongly disagree and hope not.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

It's almost 2024 and I see no sign that Affinity supports or is planning to support .ASL files.

Support of .ASL files is the single most important thing missing from Affinity products.

It was bad enough, before. But the problem is exacerbated, since I moved to an M2 Mac. I now can't even run Photoshop CS6 in VMware under MacOS 14. I used to be able to open the old PS in VMware create a font, type and rasterize my text in hi-res, and save it in a transparent PNG file that could be used in Affinity. But now, I have numerous style packs from the old PS days and the only option I have is trying to try to recreate them in Affinity Photo/Designer. I can do it. But in most cases, it takes more time to recreate the style than it's worth.