You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fit / Shrink to Printable does not scale correctly with crop marks active

I try to print a document 960 mm x 2000 mm to a HP 750 on a A4 sheet with Fit or Shrink to Printable. Seems to be fine as far I can judge it from the preview. When I include crop marks the print out is larger than the paper, which normally is indicated with a red overlay. Attached you can see this effect on the screenshot and finally it prints without the crop marks.

This printout works when I manually type in the scale value.

EDIT: For those needing decimal values for scaling. Although the value is rounded up to 14% in the input box when typing in e.g. 13,5%, the output is printed at the correct size.

shrinktoprintable.jpg

Edited by Joachim_L
Found something else

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Print marks are not part of the document content.

I could argue that a bleed of 3 mm around an A4 is also not part of the document content as the A4 document is specified as 210 x 297 mm and not as 216 x 303 mm. I would bet ID is not the only layout application that shrinks documents WITH crop marks.

scaledown.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed