You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am wondering if there might be a beta program someday for Affinity Publisher?

I am in a bit of a predicament. I have been working on some flyers and newsletters for a friend. When I started, I decided to try Scribus, since my version of QuarkXPress was old and would not run on my Intel Mac. Scribus was just too quirky, so I looked around and found Affinity. I purchased Photo and Designer and have begun to use them. I read about Publisher, but since it was a bit down the road, I decided to go with MulitAd's Creator Express which was only around $40 on the App Store. It made a huge difference in my workflow. 

A few days ago, I upgraded to OSX 10.11 El Capitan and discovered that Creator will no longer run. I looked on the MultiAd website and found no mention, I could find nothing about Creator and El Capitan anywhere. Creator Express has also disappeared from the App Store (Canada). I am writing to MultiAd, but, since I have been looking forward to Publisher, I am wondering if it might be possible to be a beta tester and move on from Creator?

While waiting for Publisher, may I suggest Scribus? If possible, use the development preview release, 1.5.0. It will give you far more options than the stable 1.4.5 release. Both Scribus and Designer use littleCMS as their base color management systems.

I just saw a tweet by Affinity stating that Publisher was expected as beta by the end of the year... 2016. "hopefully", so it could be later.  :(

It's like the teapot, we'll have to stop looking at it so it starts boiling....

I just discovered Scribus myself very recently because I needed spot colors and overprint for a project. Affinity Designer couldn't do that (though, PMS are now available in the beta). It may not be too pretty, but it did the job quite efficiently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good questions. Is the beta starting in the end of 2015 or 2016??

2016. We had to revise our plans a bit, having put great effort into improving Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo in the last year.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

• 2 weeks later...

end 2016 for Publisher? Just found Affinity and try out Photo and will try Designer next. Guess I will get them both as full version since they look really great in what they can do and as the best alternative for Mac users to Adobe monthly payment plan. But to move away from Adobe works for me only if I can open old files from InDesign. So far neither Photo nor Designer can handle it.

Will Publisher be able to work and export InDesign files? Then it would be really worth waiting for it.

But to move away from Adobe works for me only if I can open old files from InDesign. So far neither Photo nor Designer can handle it.

Will Publisher be able to work and export InDesign files? Then it would be really worth waiting for it.

Adobe hides the secrets. PSD and illustrator import does not function 100%. Will that work with InDesign files? Perhaps with a PlugIn.