You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HEIC export and alpha support

Hi,

I am using HEIC for everything to create extra small apps and games. Sadly with Affinity Photo and Designer this format is only partly supported.

For one opening or using a HEIC file does only work if it has no alpha channel (which is one of it's strong suits as the alternative png is fully lossless and therefor huge).

The main thing however is the export. I love the export of affinity products (your svg ouput is amazing guys), especially I love how I can see the size a jpeg file would have. I would love to have this  for HEIC. I currently always have an extra step opening in Preview and converting the file here, where the size calculation is even broken and I have no value for the compression so I do everything just by guessing.

So in short:
• please support HEIC images with alpha

• please support HEIC export with compression, size estimate and in a perfect world a quality preview :)

All the best

Christoph