You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
On 7/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dan C said:

Firstly, please make sure the Affinity app is closed, then can you please open Finder, then select Go > Go to Folder... and paste the following string:

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/

In the Finder window that opens, please copy and paste the .cfg file that I have attached to my reply here.

With this file in this folder, restart the Affinity app and open the My Account dialog. You should hopefully find that the application opens your default web browser, where you can finish the sign in/registration process.

Please do let me know if this helps :D

afreg.cfg

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

On 1/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, LondonSquirrel said:

Did you get APhoto from the App store? If yes, check:

• ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

There is a very similar post to this one here: 

They should probably be combined.

This solved the problem for me. (I successfully  downloaded and installed Affinity from the App Store on my iMac, but could not register.)

Please note that the "Application Support" folder mentioned above, contains a "space" in the folder name, so you have to put in between quotes in case you want to copy the afreg.cfg file. Once you copied the file to this folder and start Affinity again, registration starts by opening an internet link. Unfortunately that link could not open in Safari, but I was able to open it on Firefox. (Copy Paste) and then register. I successfully registered and got the 4 free filters. 

26 minutes ago, RebornLoophole said:

Please note that the "Application Support" folder mentioned above, contains a "space" in the folder name, so you have to put in between quotes in case you want to copy the afreg.cfg file.

To quickly go to that folder you can copy the full path as is, then in Finder's Go menu choose Go to Folder... (or use the keyboard shortcut), paste into the field that opens, & click the "Go" button.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Are there any news about this issue? I have the same problem (Mac OS 10.13.6). I've downloaded Affinity Photo from the website and the installation plus registering the license went fine. But I cannot register within Photo to get the free goodies plus two other plugins I've bought.
Also to mention, that on my mac I don't have a folder for Affinity under Library/Application support

• Staff

Hi @Y-NE,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

The folder you're looking for will be in one of the following 3 locations:

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo/
~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/
~/Library/Containers/Affinity Photo/Data/Library/Application Support/user/

Are you able to locate this folder using the above? Once located, simply copy the .cfg file into this folder and restart the Affinity app!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hi Dan, thanks for your feedback. I don't have any of these folders. Only thing I can find is: ~/Library/Group Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/

There are 4 subfolders:

• Affinity Photo
  • appinfo
  • clipboard
  • migrate

I've tried adding you're file to the "Affinity Photo" subfolder as well as just copying it into com.seriflabs.affinityphoto. But still doesn't work....

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me, that's certainly strange!

I assume that you have opened and ran the Affinity application, following the installation and product key verification?

• Staff

I appreciate the confirmation - it may be that your Finder currently has folders hidden within this Library folder, as I believe these folders certainly should be here.

If you open Finder, you should see the top menu bar on your Mac now has Finder options, if you hover over the Go menu, and hold down the Alt key, you should see that Library appears as an option in the list. Selecting this with the Alt key held down should launch an 'elevated' version of Finder, with no folders hidden.

Using this method to access the Library, are you able to find any of these folders? :)

On 1/31/2022 at 9:22 AM, Dan C said:

I appreciate the confirmation - it may be that your Finder currently has folders hidden within this Library folder, as I believe these folders certainly should be here.

If you open Finder, you should see the top menu bar on your Mac now has Finder options, if you hover over the Go menu, and hold down the Alt key, you should see that Library appears as an option in the list. Selecting this with the Alt key held down should launch an 'elevated' version of Finder, with no folders hidden.

Using this method to access the Library, are you able to find any of these folders? :)

Hi Dan and everyone on this forum!

Today I just bought Affinity Photo from the Affinity Serif web store.

I have a Mac and Mojave running. I have the same issue that I cannot register, the app works fine but no way I cannot register

I tried to put the file afreg.cfg you provided and I created all the folders missing on my computer and put it there, but I still get the "We're Sorry"

What else can I do to register and download the extras?

• Staff

Hi @Batbel258,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

18 hours ago, Batbel258 said:

I created all the folders missing on my computer and put it there, but I still get the "We're Sorry"

I can confirm that you should not need to 'create' any folders, as we're looking for a folder that the Affinity app itself has created.

Once opened, navigate to the below folder -

You should see other files/folders here already, such as a 'user' folder. Simply copy and paste the afreg.cfg file into the 'Affinity Photo' folder and restart the app.

I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Batbel258,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm that you should not need to 'create' any folders, as we're looking for a folder that the Affinity app itself has created.

Once opened, navigate to the below folder -

You should see other files/folders here already, such as a 'user' folder. Simply copy and paste the afreg.cfg file into the 'Affinity Photo' folder and restart the app.

I hope this helps!

Thanks so much Dan C! It worked immediately

I've registered and downloaded all  files 💖

Great support 🙂 

Edited by Batbel258

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @DwBStudio,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Please try the config file workaround as described in my above post -

Does this resolve things for you please?

Have you since updated to 12.1? Has this made any difference/have you since been able to successfully register Affinity Photo?

Many thanks in advance!

afreg.cfgUnavailable

Hello Dan C, I bought the Affinity Photo yesterday and now I struggle with the same issue... Now I my question is, if I can check if this afreg.cfg file will work on my iMac Catalina 10.15.7. Is that file still somewhere available? 

many thanks in advance.

Marcel 

18 minutes ago, mcimhof said:

Hello Dan C, I bought the Affinity Photo yesterday and now I struggle with the same issue... Now I my question is, if I can check if this afreg.cfg file will work on my iMac Catalina 10.15.7. Is that file still somewhere available? 

many thanks in advance.

Marcel 

Hi Marcel, 

If you check on the top of this very page there is a link posted by Dan C to download the file.

It's available only if you are signed in though

Cheers

• Staff

Hi @mcimhof,

As mentioned in the above post, you should be able to find a copy of the 'afreg.cfg' further up in this thread, assuming you've purchased from the Mac App Store this file needs to be in the following location -

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/

I hope this helps!

I bought AD from the Affinity website yesterday. Tried to register the software probably four times since then, each with the same result; same problem, same screen.

I thought it was only me until I came across this thread.

I'm not much interested in what code means or does and there's a lot of it here; most seems to be concerned with AP, rather than AD, but it's clear that the issue goes deeper than just some user setting.

I don't particularly care about registeing the software, unless non-registration woud diminish things in some way (eg updates). But certain freebies were offered and some of them may be useful to me, although I'm sure I'll continue to thrive without them.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @DwBStudio,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Please try the config file workaround as described in my above post -

Does this resolve things for you please?

Have you since updated to 12.1? Has this made any difference/have you since been able to successfully register Affinity Photo?

Many thanks in advance!

afreg.cfg 13 B · 23 downloads

Thank you for the solution. I use macOs Catalina and had the same problem  with the registration of Affinity Photo.

With your workaround is was successful.

• Staff
On 2/19/2022 at 9:52 AM, Washishu said:

I bought AD from the Affinity website yesterday. Tried to register the software probably four times since then, each with the same result; same problem, same screen.

Hi @Washishu,

Have you tried my suggestions in the above post?

As confirmed by others, this should allow you to register the Affinity application :)

Dan C—thanks for your reply. No I didn't try it. The discussion here has concerned mainly the Photo app (with a bit of Pub), I have Designer.

I can locate the Affinity Designer folder in the Application Support folder. There are six other folders and three files in there. Is the file you have provided here specific to the app or just a generic file for all?

Thanks.

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for letting me know!

43 minutes ago, Washishu said:

Is the file you have provided here specific to the app or just a generic file for all?

The file provided will work for any Affinity app on macOS, either purchased from the Affinity Store or the Mac App Store :)

I can see you purchased Affinity Designer from the Affinity Store, so I can confirm the folder location is -

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer/

Please do let me know if this resolves the issue for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dan, if you're still there.

As told above, I placed the afreg(1).cfg file in the Support folder and it changed nothing—still get the We're sorry… screen.

I've tried dragging the file from the downloads folder and I've tried copying/pasting the file; it makes no difference.

If it matters, I'm on a MacBookPro, OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) with Firefox as the default browser.