You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have just purchased AP and the first task that I tried to do was register this product. Unfortunately, it would not allow me to connect for registration to occur and instead kept telling me they were sorry and to try again or leave until later.

I have tried several times and i don't have a weak wi-fi signal; can anyone tell me why this software won't allow me to do this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Graham1,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we're working through a backlog of tickets so we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Since your post we have resolved many issues with the registration process internally, can you please confirm for me does this now work as expected within the latest version of Affinity for Mac? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know @Graham1 and I'm very sorry to hear this!

Firstly, please make sure the Affinity app is closed, then can you please open Finder, then select Go > Go to Folder... and paste the following string:

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo/

In the Finder window that opens, please copy and paste the .cfg file that I have attached to my reply here.

With this file in this folder, restart the Affinity app and open the My Account dialog. You should hopefully find that the application opens your default web browser, where you can finish the sign in/registration process.

Please do let me know if this helps :D

afreg.cfg

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Thanks for trying that Graham and I'm certainly sorry to hear this!

I can confirm I tested placing this file in the aforementioned location and when opening the My Account dialog, I was prompted to Login or create an account - selecting this option then prompted me to complete the sign up/sign in in my default web browser - which happens to be Safari.

Can you please;

• Provide a screenshot of the file you have moved into the aforementioned location?
  • Provide a screen recording or description of how 'far' into the process you can get currently - for example do you see any options load when opening the My Account dialog, or is it only ever the 'We're sorry' screen shown?

Many thanks for your patience and understanding here, as this is a relatively new process to us therefore it may take a little longer to determine the exact cause of this on your machine :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for the update @Graham1 and I'm sorry to hear this!

I have had confirmation that 1.10 would not have changed the behaviour here, however all other users who have added this .cfg file have been able to register the Affinity apps with their Affinity account, and there is no known issue that should be stopping this from happening on your computer.

I recommend re-downloading the previously provided file and ensuring this is added to the correct location - as I've just checked this on my mac with 1.10 and it is working as expected.

Should this continue to not work, then unfortunately it appears as though there may be an issue with Affinity Web Services and your mac user account. I recommend creating a new Admin user and installing the Affinity apps, then seeing if you can register here. I suspect this will work as expected, which would confirm the current user account on your mac is causing this issue - be this a security setting or perhaps a rigid anti-virus app stopping the app from connecting correctly.

Please do let me know how you get on here :)

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem. Affinity Photo 1.10.4  produces this error: There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response (0x00000002). I get the same error signing in or creating a new registration. I have reinstalled APhoto but without luck. I have looked over the Security and Privacy Preference panels and I can't see any problems. I don't have this problem with Design or Publisher. I can reach the server from both programs. Suggestions? 

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Edited by DwBStudio
adding jpgs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @DwBStudio,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Please try the config file workaround as described in my above post -

On 7/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dan C said:

Firstly, please make sure the Affinity app is closed, then can you please open Finder, then select Go > Go to Folder... and paste the following string:

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo/

In the Finder window that opens, please copy and paste the .cfg file that I have attached to my reply here.

With this file in this folder, restart the Affinity app and open the My Account dialog. You should hopefully find that the application opens your default web browser, where you can finish the sign in/registration process.

Does this resolve things for you please?

On 12/14/2021 at 3:12 PM, DwBStudio said:

I should add that I'm running Monterrey 12.0.1

Have you since updated to 12.1? Has this made any difference/have you since been able to successfully register Affinity Photo?

Many thanks in advance!

afreg.cfg

• Staff

Hi @Dia,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please provide a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing here?

Many thanks in advance :) 

1 hour ago, Jurgen van Leyen said:

I'm having the same problem macOS high Sierra  and there is no folder named affinity photo in 

application support

Did you get APhoto from the App store? If yes, check:

• ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

There is a very similar post to this one here: 

They should probably be combined.

53 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

Did you get APhoto from the App store? If yes, check:

• ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

There is a very similar post to this one here: 

They should probably be combined.

Oke and copy the file afreg.cfg  in there.  Did you know that the file contains nothing but the text saying 

forcefallback   

what does this mean?

Just now, Jurgen van Leyen said:

what does this mean?

You would have to ask Affinity - they put it in the linked post. But I am guessing it means 'if the app can't handle logging in the normal way fall back to using a web browser'. So it seems they have some code to handle conditions where the app is not logging in (hardly unexpected). 

2 minutes ago, Jurgen van Leyen said:

Did you know that the file contains nothing but the text

Yes. Of course I looked at it!

• Staff

Hi @Jurgen van Leyen,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I can confirm our team have identified an issue with the My Account service within the Affinity app and we're working to resolve this currently - the issue appears to affect mac and Windows, but not iOS at this time.

28 minutes ago, Jurgen van Leyen said:

forcefallback   

what does this mean?

The My Account feature has a built in 'fallback' option, which instead of using an embedded web browser within the app (that is currently the source of the issue), the app forces you to sign in through your default web browser, and then returns you to the app to complete registration. This '.cfg' (config) file simply makes sure that Affinity uses the web browser outside of the Affinity application.

I hope this clears things up & we hope to have an update to address this for all users shortly :)

51 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Jurgen van Leyen,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I can confirm our team have identified an issue with the My Account service within the Affinity app and we're working to resolve this currently - the issue appears to affect mac and Windows, but not iOS at this time.

The My Account feature has a built in 'fallback' option, which instead of using an embedded web browser within the app (that is currently the source of the issue), the app forces you to sign in through your default web browser, and then returns you to the app to complete registration. This '.cfg' (config) file simply makes sure that Affinity uses the web browser outside of the Affinity application.

I hope this clears things up & we hope to have an update to address this for all users shortly :)

It used the default browser (safari) and the screen stayed black. I then used chrome as the default browser and it worked.   And the file afreg.cfg had a space between the g and the .   I removed the space and it worked 

If you got the app from the App Store 

place the afreg.cfg file in the following folder   You can somewhere here download the file   

thanks everybody for the help.  

On 1/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @Dia,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please provide a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing here?

Many thanks in advance :) 

@Dan C

Screenshot below.

I already followed the instructions above in this thread where you copy a file into an affinity folder. it didn't change anything. In case it's relevant, I believe I purchased Affinity through Serif and not the App Store. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.34.31 PM.png

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear this!

I've searched the Affinity Store using the email address you've used to sign up to the Affinity Forums and unfortunately I'm unable to locate an Affinity account - which would usually indicate that the Affinity app was installed from the Mac App Store/

As you've mentioned already trying this file, what exact location have you copied this file to please? Could you provide a screenshot of this for me? :)

I would like to chime in with my thanks.

Followed Dan Cs instructions, placed the 'afreg.cfg' file in: ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo/ and relaunched.

Allowed registration of Designer 1.10.4 no problem. Also download of all freebie-extras.

Mac 10.14.6

Thank you so much