You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher document contains tiffs, jpegs, pngs, pdfs some RGB some CYMK. What to do?

I only discovered the problem when I was using some brighter colours which, when I pasted a jpeg into the document, looked very muted. 

I'm making a book for my Dad. I thought I was almost done. 

I really didn't know much about the colour differences; only that the colour picker on my Mac would give me a different colour when I inputted the values into affinity publisher. 

Blurb provides its own icc profile which I've been using. The book document is in CMYK. 

What on earth do I do? Do I need to go back and convert all RGB images to CMYK?

Even when I did a demo conversion to CMYK it muted the colours. 

14 minutes ago, james948 said:

I only discovered the problem when I was using some brighter colours which, when I pasted a jpeg into the document, looked very muted.

The gamut (i.e. range of colours) for CMYK is very much smaller than the gamut for RGB, with brighter colours being the most obviously affected.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

The gamut (i.e. range of colours) for CMYK is very much smaller than the gamut for RGB, with brighter colours being the most obviously affected.

Yeah. I worked this out. makes sense though it's a head f**k at the start. 

I'm guessing either publisher has already converted my files to CMYK or will do so on export and give me a good look at them. 

The one thing I'm worried about is I've covered up some writing on images with a rectangle of the same colour and I don't want it to print or see them as two different colours.