[Fixed] Macro disappeared, cannot be loaded

I have an issue with macros in Photo. I recorded one recently, added it to existing library, but after closing Photo, it disappeared. I re-recorded it again, added it back to the library, export the whole library but it disappeared again. When I wanted to import the library, I received the error message. What am I doing wrong?

Photo 1.9.1, macOS 11.2.3 (20D91), Macbook pro mid 2015

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 16.12.41.jpg

Either the file is corrupt or you’re trying to import it via the Macros panel instead of the Library panel.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.6.1 (iPad Air 2)

I have the same problem since the updates of AP 1.8.X until now. I write a macro and want to add to the library. AP asks for a name, I wright a name, press o.k. and then the macro is gone for ever. No chance, to add a macro to the library.

mac OS 11.2.3  AP 1.9.1

Maybe I found... something.

I tried to create my simple macro 2 ways:

1. I selected text frame with Move tool (V), then start recording macro - font size set to 8 pt, leading set to 9pt, stop recording and add macro to existing library
  2. I selected the text inside the frame (text editing mode), then start recording macro - font size set to 8 pt, leading set to 9pt, stop recording and add macro to existing library

In the option 1 the macro was not saved after I quit and reopen Photo, in option 2 the macro was saved. So it looks that when I select text frame and record macro by doing some changes in Character panel, macro was not saved. If I select text itself and then record my macro by doing those changes (font size, leading), my macro was saved. Just for curiosity I also recorded these 2 macros in one "session" and none of them was saved.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next official release of Affinity Photo on your platform.

We believe this issue has already been addressed in these betas, which you are welcome to try before the next version is officially released to all users

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon