You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Persistent Crash On Affinity Designer

Hello. I have been creating sermon slides for my father for the several years using artboards. In the last several week, a file I have used for a year has started to crash every 15 to 20 secs (I counted). I can also can trigger it by trying to save or export. I will upload the file as well as give the crash logs. I would appreciate any help I can get. I have tried to open it in Publisher and Photo with the same result. There might be a bug, but I don't know. Thanks

Ephesians2.afdesign CrashReport.rtf

Hi @JLion18  I tinkered with your file but couldn't make it crash Designer.  I found and installed all the missing fonts except SF Pro Rounded, installing some of them while the document was open - no crash.  Makes me think it must be something in your environment - a local problem.

One thing I did notice after a while was that the downloaded version of the file that you provided was reported as 121MB in size.  When I resaved this file, my freshly produced file was only 91MB.  It would appear that something has been purged while producing the new version.  In case that will help you get operational again, I've attached that new file…

Ephesians2_(resaved).afdesign

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.1.1 release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Interesting in that I did the save as new file to both files and the (resaved) resaved file is larger than the original file resaved. Must be the missing fonts being somehow ignored. There are some odd empty 'group' layers there too.

1685211630_ScreenShot2021-03-21at11_38_20AM.png.a6c33dfed96e9bf36e1da80b9a26a115.png

1272154611_ScreenShot2021-03-21at11_42_11AM.png.eb5c7cbfa1c94319395f2bcd0f5339e0.png  This is in the artboard which is selected in the original file.

714359738_ScreenShot2021-03-21at11_42_49AM.png.2bea4753cc31fa8160eff36138488a68.png Bottommost artboard.

I think the computer is probably fine, it is the file that is wrong. I would check the fonts and the pictures

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.