You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello and good evening,

Does anyone have any info when Affinity Publisher is released?

Many greetings and a nice weekend

Marc

---

Hallo und guten Abend,

hat jemand eine Info, wann Affinity Publisher released wird?

Viele Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice to know. Theses days I am looking for a good DTP program for layouting my theses, that I want to rework now. But if its true, that the beta will be available  Q1 2016, than I will wait with this, so that I can use AP for this and not this unstable programs you can buy these days...

It would be nice to have discussion about Publisher features. I understand this app is not going to surface soon, but still would be nice to speculate and maybe have some input to development team.

Personally I think Abobe's InDesign is very very good (and been capable workhorse since version 2) and a worthy comparison for Publisher, but there may be some features that it is missing. For example I would like to have autostyling engine, which tags paragraph styles according user defineable rules. Like "If paragraph is shorter than 5 words and has no comma at the end set it -SUBHEAD-, then set next paragraph -PARA1-, then set next paragraphs -DEFAULT-" Or "When TWO ENTER set next paragraph -SUBHEAD-". Or "When paragraph starts with "Caption" set style to -CAPTION-".

I´ve already set a timer for 2016 and it´s just 72 days ahead so it really is not far away! And maybe we´ll even get an beta for christmas, but if not it won´t be far off then! 

btw I have to reccomand the iPhone App "Timerange" by randex

I use it all the time and have regular contact with the developer because of some bugs. He´s very friendly and tries to fix them.

I absolutely don´t want to miss this App anymore (although it still has some minor glitches) 

​- it also let´s me know that AP was released 3 months 1 week and 5 days ago :) 

I can not wait to test the affinity Publisher. I hope it's as good as Affinity Information and Affinity Photo!

¬ MacBook Pro i5 2.5Ghz | LED 13.3" | 16GB RAM | 240Gb SSD CORSAIR Force GT | Caddy 500Gb HD | MAC OS X 10.11

¬ MacBook Air C2D 1.6Ghz | LED 13.3" | Cache 4Mb | 2GB RAM | 60Gb HD | MAC OS X 10.7.5

www.evosigncriacao.com

instagram.com/evosigncriacao