You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG: AP 1.3.5.4 - Broken selection functionality

Hey guys, I just discovered 2 broken pieces of functionality compared to the previous beta. Please see the attached video for both:

1. Can't select certain objects. They are not grouped, locked, etc. I can click select, but not drag select. I already checked the Preferences.

2. Control clicking on an object and then selecting Find in Layers Panel does not work.

I can email the master AD file if necessary, just let me know.

AD beta - broken functionality.mov

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

1. Seems the objects are inside a group but without the file to check i can't be totally sure. You can't select objects contained inside a group directly, unless you are already "inside" it. Since apparently that's not the case here you must double-click the object to select it or If you want to drag a marquee to select multiple objects, press and hold ⌘ (cmd) while doing it.

2. You have to select the object first before doing the ⌃(ctrl)-click, since it's inside a group. ⌘ (cmd) click the object to force-select it (or simply double-click to select it) then right-click it and select Find In Layers Panel.

Thanks Miguel! I poked around some more and the objects are clipped (or clipping, I don't have the file open at the moment...) inside another Layer; once I drag the group out in the layers panel I can select the objects. I really wish there was a way to access objects without having to unclip / unnest them, do the edit, and then re-clip / re-nest. Definitely feels like a workflow stopper...

1. Seems the objects are inside a group but without the file to check i can't be totally sure. You can't select objects contained inside a group directly, unless you are already "inside" it. Since apparently that's not the case here you must double-click the object to select it or If you want to drag a marquee to select multiple objects, press and hold ⌘ (cmd) while doing it.

2. You have to select the object first before doing the ⌃(ctrl)-click, since it's inside a group. ⌘ (cmd) click the object to force-select it (or simply double-click to select it) then right-click it and select Find In Layers Panel.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

No that definitely wasn't it, I Cmd + clicked a bunch of times but I could not get through... I think it has to do with the fact that it was a Group which was a clipping mask... but I'm not sure... In any case the only work around I found is to pull the group out manually via the layer stack, then do the changes, then drag and clip it to it's original location in the layer hierarchy...

It's the same with clipping: ⌘ (cmd) + click to force select the clipped object.

Miguel, so I went to clean up the file before sending it out and now t's working normally :/

The elements I could not select previously or find with the Find in Layer Panel… command are part of a group that is masking a placed image. As soon as I pull it out from it's clipping role, I can find the element in the Layers panel normally... I'll see if this happens again, but I'm inclined to say it was user error :/

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.