You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select two Pixels and see what the difference is

Hey,

is there a possibility to select two pixels (a and b) and see what the difference is or which tool/mask i need to use, to make the first pixel the coulor of the other.

Or the difference between a group of pixels A and a group of Pixels B.

For example if you see a picture and there are transparent letters or shadows on top of the image and you want to remove them. Clicking on a part of the image that has colour c and then on a part of the image with the transparent letters on top where you assume that it has colour f(c). f(c) as the transformationfunction that is necessary to produce the coulor of the second selected pixel or pixelgroup. So what i want is to know given two points in a picture which transformation is necessary to convert one to another.

Specifically for the purpose of removing unwanted shadows or transparent letters.

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by Chrronos

You're hurting my brain

Can you upload visual descriptions (screenshots?) of what you want to do?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

You're hurting my brain

The simplified version of this is "how do I remove semi-transparent watermarks"

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

There might be legitimate use cases, e.g. remove logos to be able to commercially use photos and avoid legal issues if protected logos are visible by accident.

This turorial might help. Even if the focus is more on fully opaque logos, the same techniques can be used for semi-transparent logos.

BTW: there is no known "mathematical function" for this purpose. Even a semi-transparent watermark will cause destructive loss of details. On the other side, AI based tools may exists, and AI is mostly mathematics, but it will "re-invent" or fake the lost details by something suitable - but never the exact lost details.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

For removing shadows, you can use this tutorial. Affinity provides all you need, even if the turorial is based on PS.

The basic approach is using 2 phases:

1. Start with correcting brightness (using a temporary black & white adjustment)
  2. Then continue to re-build lost color or details

Or seach for AI-based online tools. AI-based functions are currently not available in Photo as of release 1.9.1, and no roadmap is available if this will ever be included. But i bet my 2 cents that this is unavoidable because every beginner will love it, and computational photography already spread from smartphones to high-end mirrorless cameras for in-camera processing.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

5 hours ago, Chrronos said:

Thats not fair, if there is a way it seems very usefull to correct lighting and shadows.

Maybe not, I apologise, but the way you described it I the first post, it's sounded very much like that is what was asked for in a very convoluted way.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions