Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.2.1014

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.2.1014 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.1 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

• Fixed crash when replacing Image Resource with Raw
  • Fixed issue replacing Picture Frame images for Master Page Frames
  • Grouped Text in Assets could change scale when placed
  • Create palette from document was only using the current spread
  • Bleed was not honoured for placed Artboards
  • Scaling issues with placed Artboards
  • Creating an Asset Category whilst using 'Name' sort order will cause subsequent subcategory to be created in the wrong category
  • Asset Pack list sorting only happens on asset creation and not rename or import.
  • Tool not updated correctly when Zooming

---

Release Notes for 1.9.2.1009

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

1 hour ago, anto said:

All bugs are still present in 1.9.2.1014

Table bug, wrap bug, line display bug, color and swatches bug.

Were those listed as fixed? If not, you should not expect an improvement at this time.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I see that, for the Mac version, this beta 

• "Fixes issues with numeric entry fields in some non-English locales"

Unfortunately, this is not the case for Windows version. Still the same problem with the decimal point of the numeric pad.

For those with the same problem as me, I found an interesting alternative. Install the SharpKeys app and remap the "," key in the numeric pad to "," key in the standard keyboard. Restart Windows and fixed!!

• Staff
16 hours ago, GRAFKOM said:

I don't see any improvement here.
Where should I look for it?

Re: Bleed for place artboards - You should find if you place an artboard from a Designer document the placed object's bounding box now changes to include the bleed area or not when selecting which page box should be used (e.g. from the context toolbar).

• Staff
15 hours ago, anto said:

All bugs are still present in 1.9.2.1014

Table bug, wrap bug, line display bug, color and swatches bug.

I see you have made separate threads for these issues, thank you. It looks like we are still liaising with you to reliably reproduce and determine root causes.

• Staff
10 minutes ago, JRC58 said:

I see that, for the Mac version, this beta 

• "Fixes issues with numeric entry fields in some non-English locales"

Unfortunately, this is not the case for Windows version. Still the same problem with the decimal point of the numeric pad.

For those with the same problem as me, I found an interesting alternative. Install the SharpKeys app and remap the "," key in the numeric pad to "," key in the standard keyboard. Restart Windows and fixed!!

Agreed. It looks like this issue has not yet been addressed on Windows fully.

35 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Re: Bleed for place artboards - You should find if you place an artboard from a Designer document the placed object's bounding box now changes to include the bleed area or not when selecting which page box should be used (e.g. from the context toolbar).

OKAY. It is indeed fixed. But the objects on the bleed are still not visible.
Due to this bug, I am not actually using Affinity Designer for my work.
We have been waiting for this error to improve, unfortunately for 5 years.
Well, there is already a small step forward.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.