You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where can I find the "Create palette from document" command?

Hello,
who can tell me where I can find the command "Create palette from document"?

It's bad enough that I can't import and export color palettes in the tablet version to use all my palettes on the tablet as well.

So I went to the trouble of creating all my palettes on multiple pages as color swatches, with the hope of using the above command to quickly create my color palettes.

But I can't find this command. Where is this command hidden?
Or is this command also not available?

Not even the command with the color pipette and pressed Apple key works to be able to add by clicking the color field immediately in the new created color palette. This is another function that I often use in the desktop version.

• Staff

@PaRunk

For Affinity Designer on Desktop you will find it in the burger Menu of the Swatches panel (F in the picture in the help)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello Mr. Connor,
thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, on the desktop version I know all the different functions to be able to create color palettes. Have been using all the programs for quite a while and know my way around quite well.

But since about two weeks I have now also acquired an iPad and therefore also Designer and Photo. But unfortunately these functions are not available there and so it's a real hassle to get all my color palettes onto the ipad. It would be really helpful if there would be the same functions on the ipad version.

I've also found that some of the features that I use a lot on the desktop version are not available on the tablet version, which limits my design work.

• Staff

Ah, I did wonder, as I saw your other post but I moved this question to the Questions forum because you had posted in the Feedback forum for Designer on Desktop. Had I realised you meant Designer on iPad I would not have moved the thread to the questions forum in the first place.

There are a few functions on the desktop version that are not on the iPad version, but then again it is half the price.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

42 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

There are a few functions on the desktop version that are not on the iPad version

Colour-related functions seem to be particularly lacking. In addition to palette creation, import and export, it would be extremely helpful to have the ability to search for colours and to specify tinting/shading percentages.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)