You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slightly better drag & drop?

I think this has been requested, but I couldn't find any dev responses... can anyone point me to a thread?

I use Pages (iWork 09) for a client's magazine, and part of my current workflow includes dragging and dropping from Photoshop/Illustrator into Pages.

Illustrator dragging and dropping includes transparency.

Photoshop totally fails at transparency whether drag n drop or copy paste.

I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered that AD/AP copy and paste works beautifully (including transparency - brilliant use of pdf for this, guys!).

Slightly better drag and drop support from Affinity products to other apps would be icing on the already delicious cake.

Certainly not a MUST HAVE feature - but would be nice.

Of course dragging and dropping within the Affinity products and especially between Affinity documents would be much appreciated and probably more important to have first. This, I would consider a "must have".

Thanx for your consideration...

• Staff

Hi Thorworx,

Thanks for your feedback and Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can already drag and drop layers/objects between documents if you change the app to Separated Mode (Windows ▸ Separated Mode).

Although not exactly the same, you can also send a document from Photo to Designer and vice versa going to File ▸ Edit in Photo/Designer...

Hi Thorworx,

Thanks for your feedback and Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can already drag and drop layers/objects between documents if you change the app to Separated Mode (Windows ▸ Separated Mode).

Although not exactly the same, you can also send a document from Photo to Designer and vice versa going to File ▸ Edit in Photo/Designer...

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the reply, and the great apps!

Drag and drop between documents does not work for me - I am in separated mode. :(

In both programs, dragging a layer simply moves it out of view, and the receiving document does not accept the drop.

"Edit in Photo/Designer" always seems to be greyed out in my File menus (both apps). :(

The same behaviour and result in both betas, as well.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 - I can't imagine that would be the cause of this, it it?

post-19524-0-31506000-1444508715_thumb.png